The Department of Information and Media (DoIM), Ministry of Information and Communications (MoIC) has supported a Solo Art Exhibition by Dorji Gyeltshen from November 11–15, 2020. Hon’ble Lyonpo Karma D Wangdi, Minister of MoIC graced inaugural ceremony of the art exhibition on 11th November 2020 coinciding with 65th birth anniversary of Fourth Druk Gyalpo. The art exhibition is dedicated to the Kings of Bhutan for all the sacrifices they made especially during these trying times.
- Venue: Bhutan Art Gallery, Le Meridien, Thimphu
- of days: 5 days (November 11–15, 2020)
- of paintings: 108 watercolor paintings
- The artist will also be hosting a virtual exhibition for a month
Such programs are organized to:
- Assist artists to pursue a sustainable career in the creative sector
- Provide networking opportunities with other established artists, buyers of art, and other people relevant to the art industry
- Provide support so artists may have better opportunities to capture the regional and international market
- Boost and invoke creativity in the country
- Encourage and inspire creativity overall
About the Artist
Dorji Gyeltshen is a freelance artist and one of the ex-senior members of VAST Bhutan. DoIM has supported him for a solo exhibition in 2016, after which he was recognized and invited to many international exhibitions in Malaysia, France, India, and China. Dorji helps young aspiring artists by providing useful tips to pursue art. He distributes his art catalogue for free in remote schools in Bhutan.