InfoComm and Media Development Division (IMDD) is established with the following mandates:
- Undertake research to monitor the evolution of an information and knowledge-based society. Drafting of policy and legislation, prepare policy briefings for the Ministry on the information and media sector and update policy and legislation when required;
- Identify priority areas for development and prepare action plans and where necessary prepare project proposals for seeking funding support from the government or international donor agencies;
- Spearhead initiatives to encourage investment and innovations in the information /media industry both in private and public sector and prepare operating guidelines for industry and provide advice and assistance to develop relevant and quality contents;
- Establish required infrastructure for media uptake;
- Monitor the trends in media;
- Carryout Media Information & Literacy (MIL) program.