The Department of Information and Media on 11th February, held meeting with the CEOs of 4 Private Radio Stations.
The meeting was chaired by the offtg. Director and attended by the department officers and CEOs of private Radio Stations.
The meeting was held to discuss on the following agenda;
1. Achievement, challenges/ issues faced by Private radio stations.
2. Ideas of the respective CEOs of private radio station on how to make use of the content development grant for the next financial year 2021-2022.
3. Future plans of the respective CEOs of private radio stations in terms of expanding reach.
4. Submission of proposal by the respective CEOs of Private radio stations on infrastructure sharing for media pluralism; the feasibility of expanding the signals of private radios to other Dzongkhags.
5. Strategies and ideas to promote creative arts.
The 4 Private Radio Stations are;
1. kuzu FM
2. Radio Valley
3. Centennial Radio and
4. Yiga Radio