𝐈𝐧𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 – 𝐚 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟐𝟔 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 – 𝟕 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏
𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐞: 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲, 𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐈𝐈𝐈 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐲
The Department of Information and Media (DoIM), Ministry of Information and Communications (MoIC) in collaboration with the Royal Textile Academy of Bhutan (RTAB) is showcasing a photography exhibition to:
– Encourage local photographers to pursue their passion
– Provide networking opportunities with other established artists
– Promote appreciation of the art of photography in the country
– Provide a platform for the photographers to showcase their skills and creativity.
We received a total of 848 photographs from 109 participants of which 93 were male and 16 female. The participants were Bhutanese nationals from across the country including Civil Servants, Monks, college and school students, and Bhutanese nationals residing outside the country such as Australia, Myanmar, Nepal, and India.
Out of the 204 photographs selected by the committee, the top 140 entries will be on display and the remaining 64 have been included in the exhibition catalog.
In addition, a “Selfie Contest” will be opened where visitors can take a selfie of themselves and post it on their Facebook using the hashtag #BhutanPhotoExhibition2021, and 5 lucky winners will be selected.
The instructions to participate in the contest are the following:
1. Like DoIM and RTA’s Facebook pages
2. Post one selfie with evidence that you visited the exhibition using the hashtag #BhutanPhotoExhibition2021 (on Facebook only)
3. Tag 3 friends in the comment section
The selection of winners will be auto-generated and the prizes will be:
1st Prize: Nu 15,000/-
2nd Prize: Nu 10,000/-
3rd Prize: Nu 8,000/-
4th Prize: Nu 5,000/-
5th Prize: Nu 3,000/-