Skip to content
- Undertake research to monitor the evolution of an information and knowledge-based society. Research, analysis and the findings will provide the foundation to initiate the drafting of policy and legislation, prepare policy briefings for the Ministry on the information and media sector, and update policy and legislation when required.
- Identify priority areas for development and prepare action plans and where necessary prepare project proposals for seeking funding support from the government or international donor agencies.
- Spearhead initiatives to encourage investment and innovations in the information /media industry both in private and public sector and prepare operating guidelines for industry and provide advice and assistance to develop relevant and quality contents.
- Prepare five year development plans for the department, monitor and review the progress and prepare periodic review/progress reports.
- Coordinate and carry out Media and Information Literacy (MIL) programmes as per the MIL framework in collaboration with Royal Education Council (REC) and Ministry of Education (MOE).